Announcements
New feature for BT rookies: Checkpoints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaPLaN
USER: KAPLAN

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice feature for training purposes, but bad idea for general gameplay. This is one of the reason why I never developped BT in Assault gameplay style.

The frustration for: Not being able to cap the map is due to authors creating redicliously long levels. Personally, If a map takes more than 4 minutes in full rush style it is considered in my eyes: Redicliously long.

[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 00:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are completely wrong.
For a rookie, any map is difficult.

ramdrop
USER: BABYJOKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 09:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

CouilleNoire wrote:
You are completely wrong.
For a rookie, any map is difficult.

Has a very valid point, when (Don)Donnie came out, most people hated it purely because of its length. After playing it for about a week, i learn't the map and could cap it.

All Rookies can cap maps with practice, therefore the checkpoints is a good idea, but it shouldn't allow a cap if you use checkpoints because it spoils it for other gamers doing the whole map!

SKiLLeD
USER: SKILLED

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:28    Post subject: Thx 4 cp!!!

Thank you Medic, this checkpoints are really a great idea.
Nevertheless I think they would be very usefull on BT2 as well for totally beginners^^

KaJKa
USER: KAJKA

First BloodFirst Blood
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with SkiLLeD:) on BT2 also.

TsHell
USER: TSHELL

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

And btw, I try it yesterday, and I thought it will memorize the time when I set the checkpoint, but It goes to 00:00:00 again ^^

StillDreaming
USER: STILLDREAMING

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medic,

this would be a nice feature on BT2. For myself i am not sufficiently proficient to play on BT1. However, i do play on BT1 purely due to the fact that it has the checkpoint mod and in this way i can get further on a map than i would normally on BT2. And, yes i can appreciate that good players on BT1 can find it an inconvenience from players like myself of lower skill setting checkpoints all the time, that isn't to say most players are very helpful.

I think it would be advantageous to have both the teleport mod and checkpoint mod on BT2.

Sp0ngeb0b
USER: SP0NGEB0B

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still thinking this mod is needed on BT2 and BT4..

}ElitE{Mike`
USER: DINOMITE

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The frustration for: Not being able to cap the map is due to authors creating redicliously long levels. Personally, If a map takes more than 4 minutes in full rush style it is considered in my eyes: Redicliously long.

Personally, if i took my time and effort to create a map that was 4 mins long in full rush style, i would be disapointed to see players cap it without trouble and not vote it again, part of bt is learning and progressing, something which hard and long maps require. If a mapper spends time on a long map, the player should play their part in making the effort to learn the map.

However, one part i disagree with in the checkpoints is that for a long hard map, you could argue only players with the skill to pass the obstacles as normal should deserve to reach parts of the map near the end, using checkpoints voids this requirement

[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 09:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right but in my opinion every new feature helps the mod to get on. What some consider as easy is still very difficult for a majority of potential players that wouldn't take up the game because of that. This particular feature can help them to enjoy the game and to get better without having to take all the beginners frustration.
It's even more valid if we take a look at the current skills where being a more than average player is not even enough to get a record.
The game evolving means the game is alive.

}ElitE{Mike`

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 09:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree its a massive benefit to people who are new to bunnytrack and helps them adjust to the now very competetive and hard nature of some maps where little help is given, but to just play and play until you can eventually deal with the obstacles. And well, thats the important thing, thats what the mod was designed for really so its a success in that respect.

GhOsT
USER: GHOST

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

enable that caps won't count with using cp on BT1(while there do the same with boost Razz), add the cp mod on BT2 + force ppl to use the mutate command by removing the normal command to avoid the spamming.

add those 3 things and everybody is happy Cool Wink

p.s i know it will take some time ( so easy to write it Razz ), take your time but hurry Wink
I bet Medic was already working on it Cool

P.E.R.N
USER: PERN

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ BT3 + BT4 and it will be perfect (full tools on sexy servers).
For those who forgot, the awesome Respawn Choose Tool is awailable on BT4 Smile

}ElitE{Mike`

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think cp would be very useful on rush servers. Alot of rush players like to experiment with runs in parts of the map, where you would have to run 2 mins to practice the part for speed, would be a great feature. Obviously caps not counting...

}ElitE{Spy`z_
USER: SPYHUNTER

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmm, well, people are annoyed about movers getting stolen by checkpointers, if you arent rushing on bt1, why does this matter? inexperienced players, trying to learn a map, let them take the mover. It's only annoying when they cp on a small block or something and keep spawning on it. At first I thought Medics idea of not allowing cp'ers to spawn if a noncper was near was a good idea, but people would just stand in their cp for annoyance. Nonetheless cp is a good addition to BT1 imo, it does help new players train the map etc. I don't think they should be allowed to cap however using a cp, the only time I think capping with cp should be allowed is when its 5 - 10 mins into overtime and no one can cap the map with skill alone. When you are close to capping a map one sec into overtime and someone caps with cp, it can be hugely annoying =/
I think the checkpoint should be allowed in BT3, people will argue that it shouldnt be in bt1, only bt2 because bt1 isnt a training server blahblah. But if the majortiy of the rushers who actually rec think it is a good idea to apply the mod on BT3, then what is stopping it from being done? The BT3 server ONLY being a rush server is just the name you put on the favourites, it should be used for making runs aswell.
As for metochs post about, only rush the map if you can cap it with no deaths therefor you should be able to make a run anyway, is, imo complete bs =/ If you are rushing a 3 minute map and need to experiment on 1 room that is high above deadly lava or something, it sucks to need to redo about 2 mins of map to die if you misjudge a new sc or whatever.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9