View previous topic :: View next topic  
JensonFTW
USER: LIGHTNING

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanomanUK wrote:

if there are shortcuts they should be removed, not flippin exploited by all :/

Exactly they should only be exploited by the few. Cool

Exploited by all in a (competitive) sense is no different from removing the sc because everyone will still end up using the same run for that section of the map.

In any case...even if I agreed shortcuts were a problem, there seems to be no feasible way to catch all the recs made via shortcut (future and current!) So until that can be done, which is probably never, imposing restrictions will just make it more unfair...because there will some chancers who take recs with forbidden shortcuts, and they therefore have a clear advantage over others who rule-abide.
And it'd be wrong to delete a rec unless you are 100% sure it was 'cheated.' This means basically an admin speccing it at the time...otherwise the rusher should be given the benefit of the doubt.

normalname
USER: NORMALNAME

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we 'report' illegal sc's here

about this map BT-Lavaflame
in the room before flagroom you can liftjmup through the tele and, with some luck, land on a pole near the flag, saving at least like 15seconds
someone deleted my time and then i had to set another -less fast- time (i didnt say the current rec holder used it)

[i4g]Vainkeygirl
USER: VAINKEYGIRL

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you notice an illegal shortcut/ bug report it to the admins through for instance your profile.

P.E.R.N
USER: PERN

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 02:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This topic is not for all players to post all the shortcuts they want to show.
Only admins/trustees will post them after deciding which ones to allowed.

-=(FBT)=-Coaran
USER: COARAN

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if you skip more than 1 room it should be illegal as 1 room doesnt really matter but if you skip 2 or 3 thats like half the map in some maps

Some_Dude
USER: SOME_DUDE

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinomite wrote:
but a large part of rushing for me is looking at the record and saying ok, im 5 secs short where can i improve, then if i find its unfair ill make it known. Theres no clear way of handling this. Your contradicting the rules, your saying....we don't allow unfair shortcuts, but if you use one, don't worry, just share it with everyone and its fine to use it.

Agreed

normalname
USER: NORMALNAME

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many maps with lame sc
Sometimes it is not clear whether its jsut lame or really illegal.
In the future I ll try to contact the mapper and ask him if the sc is allowed or not.
If it's not allowed, the map should be removed and fixed, because ppl will use it and then wait for a little while and still beat record etc, you can never be sure if the map is not fixed...
sucks

[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 01:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reply to normalname.

The rules are clear : in case of doubt, contact us.
As far as I know (I might be wrong), only i4games cares of being fair with shortcuts.
Also, history has shown some mappers created shortcuts on purpose for their own usage. At the end of the day, we decide which maps stays for records on our servers, not because we are almighty bla bla bla, but because we know what we want and what we don't.

A small reminder of why we chose to enforce these rules:
1) This helps the mappers to see map flaws they did not see. They can improve.
2) When you let people go too far, there is a good chance the story ends with using real cheats which is what we don't want.
3) It is a way for us to be able to spot suspicious times. When it fails, we have to ask a demo.

To find if a shortcut is unfair is quite easy for a majority of shortcuts.
Anything like skipping one or more rooms, skipping keys in key maps, skipping a very hard difficulty is unfair.

It is clear that some very old maps won't be fixed and that if you find a new shortcut on FactoryCB (for instance), you will be congratulated.
For those kind of maps it's better to leave a description of the shortcut in the map comments so everyone knows it.

The problem is that some rushers think everyone knows all the shortcuts, even the ones they see as being "basic" (and so "fair") but that's not the case.
As I say, in case of doubt, just ask us.

P.E.R.N

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 06:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-Kadro#comments

P.E.R.N

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 06:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-%28Pat%29BasicGayMap-v2#comments

P.E.R.N

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 06:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-Short-n-Easy#comments

P.E.R.N

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-SpaceTowers#comments

^Mystique^
USER: MYSTIQUE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just shit that we cant play all maps with these shortcurts...

Ozma777
USER: OZMA777

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 15:52    Post subject: still trying to fix the lonely tower

p-a-w-e-l told me you can skip the "krall bridge" section. I am trying to get the kralls to stop firing at you before the doors open. Once I get that done then I will invisible collision the shortcuts out. Right now I am busy with other projects and don't really know how to keep the kralls (yet) from firing on you before the doors open on the bridge. Also my intent at the end was to do kicking (with the flag) all the way back through the starting room to the goal flag. I haven't been able to fix that yet as well.

eventually I will upload kraal fortress (just a small fix to make it nicer), a fixed version of the lonely tower, and any new ones I have finally finished.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6