10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrik wrote:
corey wrote:
How about getting a score for every map you cap based on the rating the map has. So if you cap a really hard map like Slaughter then you get 10 points. But if you cap a really easy map (a 1 rated map) you get only 1 point.

isnt that ranking style?

Yes that is how the weekly BT rankings work. But a few weeks ago I played a load of BT like crazy, capping some rank 1 maps 20+ times per game and some rank 3 maps about 10+ times per game but at the end of the week my score was about 136, didn't add up imo.

Horcruxes
USER: COREY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh darn! I thought I had come up with a brilliant idea! Atleast I know how that system works now Razz

PatriK.pX3
USER: PATRIK

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAFeCRACKeR wrote:
Patrik wrote:
corey wrote:
How about getting a score for every map you cap based on the rating the map has. So if you cap a really hard map like Slaughter then you get 10 points. But if you cap a really easy map (a 1 rated map) you get only 1 point.

isnt that ranking style?

Yes that is how the weekly BT rankings work. But a few weeks ago I played a load of BT like crazy, capping some rank 1 maps 20+ times per game and some rank 3 maps about 10+ times per game but at the end of the week my score was about 136, didn't add up imo.

ye same happened to me when i cap like 10 maps in a week im in ranking, and when i play like retard capping a lot of maps im like 90 =/

[i4g]FeLT-PeN
USER: FELT-PEN

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice ideas !

Only bad thing about the medals are that, there are bunch of maps what aren't voted, like, I voted for some unknown maps, what people haven't even heard of, and the comes: CTF-BT-(MagB)MagmasFactory Crying or Very sad I'm not saying that it's a bad map, I really appreciate the work Magma-Blaz have done for it, and it's a nice map, then comes: CTF-BT-JmXBioshock Mad *GRAAAGH* CANT WE PLAY THE OLD AND UNKNOWN MAPS?

So that's my point.

Please, vote for older and more unknown maps please.

Thank you!

-Regards, Pete

PatriK.pX3
USER: PATRIK

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

FeLT-PeN wrote:
Very nice ideas !

Only bad thing about the medals are that, there are bunch of maps what aren't voted, like, I voted for some unknown maps, what people haven't even heard of, and the comes: CTF-BT-(MagB)MagmasFactory Crying or Very sad I'm not saying that it's a bad map, I really appreciate the work Magma-Blaz have done for it, and it's a nice map, then comes: CTF-BT-JmXBioshock Mad *GRAAAGH* CANT WE PLAY THE OLD AND UNKNOWN MAPS?

So that's my point.

Please, vote for older and more unknown maps please.

Thank you!

-Regards, Pete

normally ppl (me 2) like to play new maps and not the old ones, maybe some old maps that are good are still played but players prefer the new maps like the ones of the day.

nierd_2
USER: METOCH

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you gonna update everyone smedals when new maps get added? etc? :\

fierd_4
USER: OIC-CHAOS

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldskool > any maps ;d

[i4g]FeLT-PeN
USER: FELT-PEN

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

But still, it is VERY BAD if you only play the maps that have rating 10 etc, rating comes from how many votes there's casted and how many times is it played etc.

Can't people just vote for the OLDER maps, or the NEW maps what have just been added, not only like 10 what they like, people would like the other 890 maps there are o.o

People vote for umm.. 20 - 30 different maps, when there are almost thousand.

And that's bad.

-Pete

}Elite{Moon`
USER: MOONDRAGON

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

FeLT-PeN wrote:
But still, it is VERY BAD if you only play the maps that have rating 10 etc, rating comes from how many votes there's casted and how many times is it played etc.

Can't people just vote for the OLDER maps, or the NEW maps what have just been added, not only like 10 what they like, people would like the other 890 maps there are o.o

People vote for umm.. 20 - 30 different maps, when there are almost thousand.

And that's bad.

-Pete

Awnser 1:
It's not true only 20 - 30 maps are being voted. There's about 150 diffrent maps voted each week, and some people just dislike some maps. Look; I've played BT a couple of years and I can tell you; stick to the fresh maps. Most maps from the old days are pretty suckish. And of course there are great maps in between them too, if anybody wanted to start a discussion ;p

Awnser 2:
BT4.

h
USER: MAHMOOD

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, i'm bumping this up after 8 years and this might not be added but..

I was going to make a new thread about the achievements idea and stuff but I searched first and I found this, so why not like add on the subject? Razz

Anyways, I think the idea could be cool on the forums, you could like have a new achievements tab in your members menu so you can see the achievements that you got, you could also be able to see the achievements that your buddy have got in his profile in the new achievements tab below the "bunnytrack records" one

You can have achievements like "reach 100 caps, make your first certified rec, cap an r10 map, reach more than 100 frags in ctf, etc..."

but why did I say this might not get added? well because there's not that many players on the servers anymore so it could be just pointless, but hey why not give it a shot right?

[AcAi].Fuer$
USER: FUERS

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Medic (i4games) will be hosting a hub or server for ut4 and this might be a great idea and feature Smile

h
USER: MAHMOOD

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuers wrote:
Maybe Medic (i4games) will be hosting a hub or server for ut4 and this might be a great idea and feature Smile

yeah it could be really cool, but then again, I don't really think Medic is active though, maybe he is but I haven't seen him so I really don't know

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2