CTF-BT-(MD)Worlds [Cancelled]

Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
CTF-BT-(MD)Worlds [Cancelled]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h
USER: MAHMOOD

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 13:17    Post subject: CTF-BT-(MD)Worlds [Cancelled]

Hello there Smile I started to make a new map (finally lol) but the spawn is the only part that i have done here so i have done 1/10 of this map but.. i liked to share the spawn with everyone to see if i improved on creating Razz! anyway when i finish a section of the map i well share it with you guys so you can give me suggestions if you want Smile

hopefully you'll at least give this a try Very Happy

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/fnXnV

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/voe9bfn1c410ftk/CTF-BT-%28MD%29Worlds.rar

By the way i made the fan only for spectators so they can go on the blue side Wink

Sorry if i missed any files to put on the rar. file because i used so much stuff and I can't remember the stuff that I used was originally in the game or not lol

Last edited by h on Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:11; edited 2 times in total

`Chr1st-BLS
USER: CHR1ST

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're making a new map, Mahmood! I don't have UT at this point in time, so I can't give you any suggestions mapwise. What I can suggest though is that you post screenshots of finished rooms, making the map in progress more attractive/available to people (because probably not everyone will go through the trouble of downloading and testing). At the end, or possibly halfway as well, you can let them test your new map.

Good luck buddy.

h

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chr1st wrote:
Glad to hear you're making a new map, Mahmood! I don't have UT at this point in time, so I can't give you any suggestions mapwise. What I can suggest though is that you post screenshots of finished rooms, making the map in progress more attractive/available to people (because probably not everyone will go through the trouble of downloading and testing). At the end, or possibly halfway as well, you can let them test your new map.

Good luck buddy.
Thank you Very Happy really glad to hear that!

i well edit the post above so people who don't want to go through the trouble and stuff see what does this map looks like and i well also leave the download link for anyone who wants to test the map Smile

OwYeaW
USER: OWYEAW

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice begin, r10 please! Razz

h

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwYeaW wrote:
nice begin, r10 please! Razz

hahaha Smile could be if i'm so evil but i still didn't even begin the first world so.. who knows? Razz

by the way i have one question! can you make more than one sky zone info on one map? because it would be a shame if i can't especially on a map like this Confused

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure!

See here: https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:MultiSkyBox

-Whitey-
USER: PENNYWISE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 08:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the start of your map.
First problem i saw is not a single one of your brushes is snapped to the grid at any scale. Even down to a 1X1 Scale. Also certain brushes aren't at an even scale with the grid (again down to a scale of 1X1 they're still out)
Top 2 are your rooms, bottom image is a DM map with brushes snapped.

If you continue to map this way i have a feeling you're going to run into HOMS.

Keeping things even (in most cases) will avoid problems if your map gets complex.

If a brush isn't or becomes unsnapped. Just highlight the brush/brushes and right click on a corner. If it doesn't work Keep brushes highlighted, rightclick on the grid away from brushes and click Pivot>Place Pivot here.
Move brushes then right click on a vertex.

But if the map stays simple it might noy become a problem but not a good habit to have once you make complex maps. (in terms of brush sinking,trim,deco etc)

Any update on this maps progress? Razz

lvkkie
USER: LVKKIE

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting mate! Can't wait to play it on the server Smile.

h

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help and your words everyone! I also snapped everything to the grid whitey Smile

now i'm making world 1 and still thinking about ideas, ( trying to be original, trying Razz )

two things though, the worlds will not all be 7 rooms because it'll get boring if I stick to that fact Razz and the map could go to bt+

-Whitey-
USER: PENNYWISE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this ever get finished/released?

h

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

PennyWise wrote:
Did this ever get finished/released?

Well, a while ago I was working on this and I made some progress, then my brother decided to update from windows 8 to windows 10 (bad idea) and some weird thing happened that lead the laptop to not even be able to start the windows, so we had to format it and now, all the progress i made is gone... many people know this but just thought i'd say it here for those who don't.. so i decided to cancel it, Sorry. ;3;

I do have another idea in my mind when I start playing again, but that might take a while as well since I'm kinda busy right now and stuff, first I'll make a ctf map that has secrets, and these secrets will tease for my bt map, and then upload that bt map, Also THIS time I'll save my maps in a usb because I don't want to stop working on another map.

P.E.R.N
USER: PERN

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

back up, back up, back up ....

+ (one of the best solution), partitioning HD so you have c:\ with only windows and programs and the rest elsewhere (like D:\Game , E:\Stock, F:\recovery if its a laptop).
If your windows crash then you just format the c:\ and resintall a windows on the c:\, all the other datas are in peace and safe.

or remove an HD and then plug in into another pc and take datas.

h

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERN wrote:
back up, back up, back up ....

+ (one of the best solution), partitioning HD so you have c:\ with only windows and programs and the rest elsewhere (like D:\Game , E:\Stock, F:\recovery if its a laptop).
If your windows crash then you just format the c:\ and resintall a windows on the c:\, all the other datas are in peace and safe.

or remove an HD and then plug in into another pc and take datas.

Yep, one big mistake I did is not backup, although my brother is the one who did this and it was kinda sudden so...

Page 1 of 1