Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
help with script saving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozma777
USER: OZMA777

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 08:34    Post subject: help with script saving

A long time ago I loaded some (can't remember name of map) quantum ctf map and somehow saved the quantum weapons as a script pack (included in another-warehouse I think), but I missed one item... The flyable (like SLV rocket) thing. I thought it would be greate to create a bunnytrack map that uses that flyer in one part. I can't remember how to load a map with custom scripts and then save those scripts to be loaded in another map.

Does anyone know how to do this, and if it will work (gamerelevent, and alwaysrelevent) for a UT bunnytrack map. Especially on i4games server?

CULPRIT
USER: CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about script saving, but could you just use the slv mod or a rocket x mutator and import the u file(s) instead?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/strangelove-2
https://hofgamingclan.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

[i4g]s0urCe
USER: S0URCE

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever manage to find a fix? Seems awesome but i'd understand if you wanna keep it private.

Ozma777
USER: OZMA777

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

s0urCe wrote:
Did you ever manage to find a fix? Seems awesome but i'd understand if you wanna keep it private.

no actually I never did, you see that script was saved somehow from the quantum ctf map (saved by me a long time ago, not map by me obviously)

I forgot the plane "redeemer" when I saved the script.

So on anotherwarehouse all the quantum weapons are in the custom script (included in the download of the map if you have cache saver, or from here), but not the plane redeemer.

I just wanted to at least do a working "full" script dump, even though finding the plane to cross a bt "void" would actually be really cool.

BTW it really sucks that the arenas for some of my maps don't work online. Like AnotherWarehouse starts with chainsaws (first removing the supershockrifle) and up on the blocks are the good (quantum) weapons. And also MegaNoob has a nice arena.

I put the arenas in for people who can't cap and are killing time until someone who can cap does.

I also really like the soundscape for Alien-Compound is really great but by then I realized custom weapons (or even removing weapons script) do not work online.

Page 1 of 1