Retiering for good this time

Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
General Discussion
Retiering for good this time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franky`
USER: FKY

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36    Post subject: Retiering for good this time

Hello.

It's sad but i'm retirering for good this time for several reasons :
- This game is so awesome that it really became an addiction once again. it's the only game that make me forget as much reality and disconnect me from real world. Monday i played 10 straight hours of rushing and my mind is slow for several days after that like too much weed.
- It makes me socially weird in real life after hours of playing. My mind is focus on the game and i'm not focusing on the people around me.
- i've a master thesis to finish for end of june and a new job i want to find for september. Plus finding a new GF and/or finding a roommate woudl be nice.
- it makes my nerves go crazy and get all my negative aspects coming out and i become aggressive. I know the solution would be to play 1 or 2 hours every on and then but i can't control this.
- when i realize that my BT my objectives would take hundreds more hours : like breaking 100 more records and finishing uncapped map, it's a nono... This game is awesome because it is collaborative and almost infinite (new maps, new records...) I think its more reasonable to spend that much time building the future that to get distracted by a game. I don't want to be in my 40's regretting my actions and life because of a f**** video game.

So i will send all my demos to pawel if he accepts to run youtube videos for my recent runs and i'll uninstall ut once more and this time forever. Thanks to all the players who helped me and played with my in the recent weeks and i'm sorry i wont be playing anymore. (pern sorry not finishing all uncap map and not finding sc legal or not) I'll still play other video games but i'm not addicted to those because i get bored very quicly. The world is rich with thing to discover. I wish everybody all the best for your life.

Best regards,

NuLL
USER: NULL

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there man, wish you all the best. <3

tria
USER: TRIA

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 13:42    Post subject: Sad news

Hey don't be sorry it's your life
You make the choices
I'm lucky I guess
I tried other games out but none compare
To ut
Also I'm from a gaming sort of family
My kids play all games
But you will return that's reality
You just need to put it on 1 day a week
Don't go past that
That is control you have that in you
Good luck tho

Franky`
USER: FKY

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks null <3. Tria i wont be back this time. I realize that everytime i played this game for a long time my life was shit and every break i took 2 years ban and 3 years retired, my life was great. I can't control 1 day a week or only 1 or 2 hours, i'm simply addicted. Because even after a game session, my mindset is focus on the game for several more hours. I plan objectives, i do excel sheet with records, i watch video... It affects my sleep also because it's stressful. So it's better to stop before screwing with my life. I think it's the best decision for my future, health friends and future love.

Glad that you can control it tho.

See ya

P.E.R.N
USER: PERN

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fky I wish you good luck and good fortune.

It's so hard to get rid of addictions, your post show that you once again gained a step in maturity.

Too bad UT BT appears to be your nemesis, you can't control this game, it's simply too good.

That true rushing can bring agressivity, capping all is more peacefull business.
We were happy to see you around and your place will be keep warmed, we never know, someday, somehow, a friendly comeback, a visit, an hello, we will be here Wink

Au plaisir Fky, bonne chance pour ta vie futur et pawn tout Very Happy

PatriK.pX3
USER: PATRIK

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you say

In the last time that i "quit" (almost a 5 years pause) i did many things that to be honest i didn't think i will "have" or do some day, i'm in another country, got an excellent job, got married Laughing, etc

I didn't want to quit actually, many circumstances forced it, thankfully now that i'm partially back i realise that was the best (forced) choice possible, and the sensation of playing UT (BT mostly) knowing that you have all that behind is awesome.

Unluckily for me in the game, but luckily for my life, i got a really high ping, making it impossible or stupidly hard for rushing at least on this servers, otherwise the text that you just wrote could be mine, spending hours and hours of rushing or capping new maps, resuming, the game is so so so awesome, i haven't seen nothing really similar.

Anyways, we hope to see you around somewhere forward in time, just try to find the perfect balance between a game and your stuff in your life which is of course, at the end, what really matters, pretty sure that this won't be the last time for you hehe Wink

Page 1 of 1