Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
Zoning Issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueBalls
USER: BUNNYBOY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 14:05    Post subject: Zoning Issue

Using Slime zones within a map that work perfectly fine in all areas apart from one room - I believe it is something to do with a custom mover brush that has its second position below the slime zone. Hoping someone knows a way around it - basically it doesn't believe there is any zone info below the sheet and means you're fine to walk around in it. If I were to then connect this room through a series of small pipes to reduce the quantity of zone info's on the map they too become free to roam even if they previously worked before.

I've also noticed that my mover timings have changed? Before, I had timed a series of liftjumps with delays and what i thought was a long move time which I tested and it was as intended - now it feels like those times have halved and I need to double the original times to get the same result?

Any guidance appreciated! Happy to share the map via download link or something. I've also forgotten how to do the "MyLevel" screenshot. Sure I can figure that one out though!

Cheers Smile

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 16:55    Post subject: Re: Zoning Issue

A few suggestions (can''t guarantee any will be the right solution):

For the zone issue:
- try adding the sheet and zoneinfo after building your mover and keyframes.
- is the zoneinfo in the correct place, not in a wall for example? If it (or a certain part of it) is not in the zone area it won't work.
- make sure you have no more than 64 zones throughout the whole map as this causes zonal issues.

Can't help about the mover timings, just trial and error until you get it right.

Screenshot needs to be (I think) indexed pallette, 256 colours and 256 x 256 pixels size, at least that's how I've always done mine.

Hope these help.

-Whitey-
USER: PENNYWISE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 02:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much everything Safe said i'd try.

Make sure zonesheet is correctly placed and there are no gaps, and then make sure it's set to "last" I typically do this anytime i add a zone in a room before iv'e finished decorating it. Before i tests i make sure zones and zoneinfos are set to last.

Never had that issue with the movers so i really can't help with it.

Mylevel screenshots and Masked textures i do 256x256 pixels Indexed colour and save them as BMP

I import all other textures apart form those 2 types as PCX

Ozma777
USER: OZMA777

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 20:52    Post subject: zone issues (I know this post is old)

I used 1x1 pipes and however long they needed to be from some central slime/lava/water boxes on core-888

Page 1 of 1