i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Back Smile

Krool
USER: KROOL

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

version 2.

I did a doubling error on the red side in room 10.

It was not found on betatest as the error is only when playing the room on both teams at the same time.

Timekeeper
USER: TIMEKEEPER

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Krool, just started working on a map myself, been awhile. Everythings slowly coming back! Haha

Krool

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 08:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in the map comments:
Quote:
On i4g there is a bug with this map, the rec time is randomly validated, dunno why yet (mean you cap it and you will prolly have no time).

I put my answer here as well to give attention..

Can somebody make an trial n error test by removing the scripts one by one on the map and test out? Means remove 1 script -> test -> if same result remove next 1 -> test -> and so on.

This way it will be pinpointed to the causing script and we can see further.

I cannot do as I have no idea about the mod and the problem. Or somebody gives instruction about which mod to install to test offline and how to replicate the problem. This way I could do above pinpoint tests on my own.

Awaiting responds. Thanks Smile

BlueBalls
USER: BUNNYBOY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 03:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be an interfacing issue with i4g anticheat and a warpzone?

One of the masterminds at Btnet said:

Quote:
the only thing that immediately looks "unusual" in unrealed is that there are warpzones next to the flags... maybe i4g have some anti cheat mutator which might think someone's trying to teleport to the flag..? can only speculate really. sounds like one for them to debug

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have access to the i4g mod, only the beta timer that was publicly released a few years ago. But I have been trying some different configurations on a local server, but unfortunately I cannot seem to find a way to reproduce the issue locally in order to diagnose the issue.

I have tried UT 436 and 469b, and different combinations of mutators like the i4Games_BunnyTrack_0a timer, bt++, the i4Games_9b flags. It all seem to work fine.

The only thing I noticed is that the timer did not work properly with bt++ and UT469b on this map (was fine on other maps). But that seems to be caused by the new setting bAutoRespawnFlags.

I did try removing the scripts one by one on the 469/bt++/bAutoRespawnFlags=True configuration, but that did not help at all. So that seems to be a completely different issue with an incompatibility between bt++ and bAutoRespawnFlags, unrelated to the map.

Unfortunately I am out of ideas what could be casing it and I have no way to diagnose it.

Quote:
the only thing that immediately looks "unusual" in unrealed is that there are warpzones next to the flags... maybe i4g have some anti cheat mutator which might think someone's trying to teleport to the flag..? can only speculate really. sounds like one for them to debug

Maybe, but I feel that there are other maps with a warzone between the flags (just can't think of one at the moment)

Krool

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 08:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Good point. However, the map Torment-v3 has also a warp zone between the flags. Is the problem existing there also ?

RoelerCoaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard about timer issues on Torment.

The only difference is that the warpzone on Torment is a "normal", 1-directional warpzone.

The warpzone on Nighon is 2-directional, but uses the trick of creating a very narrow warpzone to make sure you cannot walk back. I know this trick exists, but I have never seen it used on a BT map before. Maybe that is what is causing the issues? But it is mainly speculation though.

Krool

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is capable to test out nighon without warpzone using i4games mod? (Can be done easily just remove warpzone -> small cube to connect -> rebuild)

RoelerCoaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we can try to do is upload an edited version of the map to one of the servers and see from there. I believe PERN is willing to help/test with admin privileges if needed.

Are you able to provide an edited version Krool? Or would you mind if I edited the map to test?

Krool

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmi wrote:
What we can try to do is upload an edited version of the map to one of the servers and see from there. I believe PERN is willing to help/test with admin privileges if needed.

Are you able to provide an edited version Krool? Or would you mind if I edited the map to test?

If you are able to I don't mind if you edit. Just ensure to label it as TEST in the UED's LevelInfo. Smile
If you find the cause (e.g. 2-directional warpzone) I will then make an official v3.

Krool

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to RoelerCoaster and PERN for testing. The result was that the cloud zone actually kills some info.
A player goes into the cloud zone by accident only at the start while spectating. So when a player did that the counter is malfunction for the rest of the map play.

EDIT: v3 released to resolve this issue.

[AcAi].Fuer$
USER: FUERS

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 05:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

will give it a try!

Page 1 of 1