Converting a BT+ map from old to new key script...

Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
BTScripts / BT+
Converting a BT+ map from old to new key script...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 21:00    Post subject: Converting a BT+ map from old to new key script...

A question for Medic or CN, unless anyone else KNOWS the solution please don't reply with 'guesses' on how to solve this problem

I have an unreleased BT+ map with which I used the original BT+ scripts, but as this new script is out I should convert it to that. When I load the new script into the Actor browser it now gives me 2 of each option - Key, KeyKicker etc. BUT when I click each option for 'Key' BOTH will be displayed in the title bar as 'i4Games_BT_Scripts_200606.Key' but both the 'KeyKicker' will be displayed as 'i4Games_BT_Scripts_200510.KeyKicker'. It seems that the Actor browser has a 'conflict' when both scripts are loaded in.

So, in order to convert to the new scripts, should I delete all existing BT+ actors, then build all/save/close UED (which should eliminate any trace of the old script from the map) before attempting to use the new scripts? Or is there any simpler way to convert it?

[i4g]Medic
USER: MEDIC

i4Games Head Admini4Games Head Admin
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple way is to edit the map in an hexadecimal editor. Do a search on "200510" and replace it by "200606" or "200607". There should be only one occurence to replace.

Don't forget to increment your map version number though if it has been released previously.

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 00:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Medic, I know nothing about hex editors so I think I'll just change scripts the 'long way' as suggested in my previous post Smile

Page 1 of 1