Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
BTScripts / BT+
KeyMover
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dere
USER: DERE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 21:41    Post subject: KeyMover

A suggestion for a new BT+ actor: KeyMover, this would be very useful as IRL keys are used to open doors Razz

If this already exists then please shoot me Smile

[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The principle of keys is to avoid players helping each other by forcing them to take a key before going further.
If you make keys open doors, players will be able to open for others which is the opposite of what keys are designed for.
Shoot urself Smile

delete_my_account
USER: K_BUNNY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 04:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo the idea sounds cool, it's not such a bad thing if another player opens a door for someone else, happens on every map that's not BT+ =p BT is a team based mod afterall?
I can imagine myself coming to a locked door.."you need the key!", similar to other games...
Instead of a key, is it possible to pickup items that open different doors? like on Goldeneye ^^ u pick up various things that open different doors

[i4g]CouilleNoire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 07:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course it's a cool idea but it does not work with the original goals of keys which are meant to be checkpoints.
There are many maps that have been using our current key design as "real keys", only players are kicked back instead of blocked.
The only effect is that is "less real" but you gotta stop development somewhere where it's not really worth going further.

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there something like a KeyTrigger already? This could be used to triger a mover...

[i4g]CouilleNoire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 09:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmi wrote:
Isn't there something like a KeyTrigger already? This could be used to triger a mover...

Yes. Forgot about that.

Page 1 of 1