89%  [ 17 ]
Nay.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

}Elite{Moon`
USER: MOONDRAGON

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 20:36    Post subject: Got this idea..

Well I was playing some BT this afternoon and the guys voted a map called "return to the pentagram" or something similar. Thing is, it lasts 12-15 seconds and I already capped and didn't felt like rushing on BT1. So I just went capping and after 20 minutes, I had 46 caps.. then I got this idea..

A tourney-based idea really, I thought lets make a competition where you have BT matches against other players on short maps and see which player/team gets the most caps. I thought maybe we could make this weekly/2x a month and everybody who'll participate must pay a certain fee, say one point and the winner gets 60% of the pot and 40% goes to i4g for being the ownage they are hosting the servers ;p

Personally, I think this could be a lot of fun, especially for people who have no idea what to do with their points!

Feedback appreciated!
------------------------------------------------

come to think of it, I have another idea. But this might be a lot of work, and I don't know if it's possible to impliment it in UT.

Medals.(or something similar)
What I was thinking was giving players medals for achievements, like capturinng 500 maps, or capturing a map 100 times, or maybe 10 times in one game, and that being possible for all maps. This way, people who completed the goal of capturing all maps have something new to aim at, except for better times. Wink You can show off your medals at a special topic or something, and give advice to eachother how to obtain certain medals. Of course these do not have to be mere capturing medals, or even just BT. You could also give out medals for things like having a great time. I mean, not having the record, but having a very fast time anyhow, like a set time which is hard to beat. Besides that you could also give medals to players who get 5000+ frags in a week, or 25+ caps etc. A bit CTF friendly too Wink

I'd like to hear what you all think of this, and if you think this is even possible!

~Moondragon

PatriK.pX3
USER: PATRIK

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think is a good idea,
juts that in point 1, some maps are only speed and need to do dodges very fast and all that , and "some players" play with 325230854374658976345786634 ping and is kinda gay but is a good and smart idea

2. thats nice xDDD Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

jaakie
USER: JAAKIE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the medal kinda thing when you capped 500+ maps or something.. but maybe it can just be a simple user title as you see on forums alot ( when someone has 100 posts the user title changes, etc..).

Another thing that would be nice: in the votemenu you now see the mapnames you recently voted/or played in a different color. Why not do this also for the maps you already capped? (much quiker than to click on each mapname and to wait for it's data and records to load)

}ElitE{Scorp!o
USER: 5C0RP10

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The medal thing is cool.
I captured NeverStopMoving 20 times in 20 minutes once - can I have a medal for that please? Thanks.

Cobra
USER: COBRA

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaakie wrote:
I like the idea of the medal kinda thing when you capped 500+ maps or something.. but maybe it can just be a simple user title as you see on forums alot ( when someone has 100 posts the user title changes, etc..).

Another thing that would be nice: in the votemenu you now see the mapnames you recently voted/or played in a different color. Why not do this also for the maps you already capped? (much quiker than to click on each mapname and to wait for it's data and records to load)

i like the mapvote idea and the Medal, but i think its nice like this:

10% from all maps capped got a status, 20% ... ect

PatriK.pX3

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobra wrote:
jaakie wrote:

Hows that?

Cobra
USER: COBRA

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrik wrote:
Cobra wrote:
jaakie wrote:

Hows that?

<088 Maps = <010% Bunny Track noob
088 Maps = 010% Bunny Track newbie
176 Maps = 020% Bunny Track Recruit
264 Maps = 030% Bunny Track Experienced
352 Maps = 040% Bunny Track Commander
440 Maps = 050% Bunny Track Pro
528 Maps = 060% Bunny Track General
616 Maps = 070% Bunny Track Major
704 Maps = 080% Bunny Track Sergeant
792 Maps = 090% Bunny Track Master
883 Maps = 100% Bunny Track campion
>883 Maps = >100% Bunny Track God

like this Wink

Last edited by Cobra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:31; edited 1 time in total

PatriK.pX3

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ^^ kk, is a nice idea to

}ElitE{Scorp!o

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit like a 'No-life' award, given to those who play way too much BT and dedicate themselves to capping all the maps Razz

PatriK.pX3

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

5C0RP10 wrote:
A bit like a 'No-life' award, given to those who play way too much BT and dedicate themselves to capping all the maps Razz

who is saying that omg LEL ahah Very Happy Very Happy

}ElitE{Scorp!o

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha do you see me playing BT? Razz

PatriK.pX3

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

5C0RP10 wrote:
Ha do you see me playing BT? Razz

not now.. LEL? but a few weeks ago xD Razz

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted NO.

Idea 1:
I doubt this will catch on or if it does I don't think it will last very long before it dies. I think that the short based maps would become really boring in this format. Sorry to piss on your fire, but thats my experience of BT 'competitions'.

You could do something like what was happening with the i4g fun wars, but BT has never really been much of a competitive mod. Also there is the question of skill level and teamplay (boosting).

Idea 2:
Not a bad idea, I think what Jaakie suggested sounds about right. What Cobra suggested has some flaws, I think a percentage of maps capped would not be right, you could cap all the low rated maps and probably get a highish ranking. Instead it should be based on the average difficulty of the maps you have capped against the average difficulty of all maps.

Horcruxes
USER: COREY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about getting a score for every map you cap based on the rating the map has. So if you cap a really hard map like Slaughter then you get 10 points. But if you cap a really easy map (a 1 rated map) you get only 1 point.

PatriK.pX3

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

corey wrote:
How about getting a score for every map you cap based on the rating the map has. So if you cap a really hard map like Slaughter then you get 10 points. But if you cap a really easy map (a 1 rated map) you get only 1 point.

isnt that ranking style?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2