i4Games Head Admini4Games Head Admin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's been discussed too. Wink

mislead
USER: MISLEAD

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

mislead wrote:
Okay, so there is no possible way to find out if a member here is banned apart from asking that person? Even if i do not want to know the reason, can there not just be a notice on the players profile saying: "This user is banned till "x/x/xxxx"?

edit: Also, the reason for showing others who is banned is to alert other admins all over the UT community. Which i think is a good thing, i don't think CHEATERS deserve to be protected from the rest of the UT community as they ruin it. Bans for abusive behaviour can be different and possibly understandably private.

ps. Are banned users able to use these forums?

pps. I hit quote instead of edit. I apologise for my terrible forum skills!

[i4g]Medic
USER: MEDIC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly why we report our cheaters to the AntiCheat network where that information is analysed before any action is taken. A public "hall of shame" might lead in several problems... A couple of examples that come to mind are: a cheater nick-faked in order to frame someone; or a server misconfiguration made an innocent player being banned.

Banned members can read and post here. Only those who are banned for life cannot post.

mislead

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds sensible. However, once the ban has been analysed and the player confirmed by the AntiCheat team then why would it be a problem to allow other users to see who has been caught cheating? Obviously it is just my personal opinion that cheaters do not deserve to be protected from the public as they just ruin the community for all the fair playing people.

[i4g]Medic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think AC has a public list of caught cheaters somewhere indeed. And I guess it could be nice to have a sort of central website listing cheaters.
Still, the most important is being done. That is, known cheaters being removed from major GSP's, CB, pickups, clanservers, etc.

nierd_2
USER: METOCH

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

mislead wrote:
That sounds sensible. However, once the ban has been analysed and the player confirmed by the AntiCheat team then why would it be a problem to allow other users to see who has been caught cheating? Obviously it is just my personal opinion that cheaters do not deserve to be protected from the public as they just ruin the community for all the fair playing people.

let me explain that one for you.

AntiCheat is a standalone " organisation ". the meaning of anticheat is to get cheaters away from the game we cover. UT99 AntiCheat works in a cluster. The core for catchign cheaters would be AntiCheat itself. we do have a public forum where you can see some names that are banned... but not all of the names appear there.

http://www.anticheat.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Then we got Clanbase as biggest community in our cluster. Clanbase also has a list of banned players and why. that only tho because Clanbase is a HUGE community with competitive gaming going on there. Therefor members shoul dbe able to see who is banned and why in case a banned player returns.

Around AntiCheat we also have smaller communities such as I4Games, Tammy servers, Projectfrag, Jolt and many more. These site choose if they publish a list of cheaters. Tammy servers doesn't have that. neither has Prjectfrag and I4Games. It's really up to the admins of the community / site to publish it or not.

hope that has answered some of yoru questions Smile

mislead

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir Metoch, a lot of questions has been answered but however, as always, i have one more coming at you! Razz

Why are only some of the cheaters listed in the Anticheat forums? Seems a tad unfair to only list a few, when some cheats who are not there get away with being named and shamed when they have commited a very similar offence.

Obviously ClanBase is the largest community, yet im still sure a lot of people here do not use clanbase as they do not play competitively. Therefore, would be useful for those players. But now you have explained this to the whole community i guess they can all go check out the clanbase list now!...i just looked at it, list seems pretty clear Smile

nierd_2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

mislead wrote:
Thank you sir Metoch, a lot of questions has been answered but however, as always, i have one more coming at you! Razz

Why are only some of the cheaters listed in the Anticheat forums? Seems a tad unfair to only list a few, when some cheats who are not there get away with being named and shamed when they have commited a very similar offence.

Obviously ClanBase is the largest community, yet im still sure a lot of people here do not use clanbase as they do not play competitively. Therefore, would be useful for those players. But now you have explained this to the whole community i guess they can all go check out the clanbase list now!...i just looked at it, list seems pretty clear Smile

The reason why only a few are listed has 2 reasons:

1. Xen0/dussander forget to make a thread for all of em
2. There's alot of people with dynamic ip's getting caught. ip's that don't match Clanbase accounts. Those people are not put on the forum only cuz they're not clanbase players. We can't put a nick on those players because they don't have clans and have fake nicks. Therefor it's useless to put em there.

btw: if you wish to know more about what AntiCheat is and how it works... i've taken the liberty some months ago to have a word with my AC supervisor and put it online.

http://clanbase.ggl.com/news_league.php?nid=281962&lid=5951

as for the site for checking cheaters... the one i pasted above is actually that. i can ask if they want to keep it updated all the time tho. Because half a list full of cheaters is stupid anyway Smile

DanBennett
USER: DANOMANUK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this, But is this banning policy still in force? Confused

[i4g]Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 07:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not?

DanBennett
USER: DANOMANUK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering...

nierd_2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanomanUK wrote:
Just wondering...

you don't " just wander ". there's always a reason.

iKwah^<3.uK
USER: ICEHAWK

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 09:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metoch wrote:
DanomanUK wrote:
Just wondering...

you don't " just wander ". there's always a reason.

Yeh dan, listen to guru metoch.

fierd_6
USER: STRUPPI13

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,i play much but we have holiday,in2 days i wont Smile liek only 12hours week

}ElitE{Mike`
USER: DINOMITE

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 07:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmfao +1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4