New feature for BT rookies: Checkpoints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sp0ngeb0b
USER: SP0NGEB0B

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really a very nice thing medic, well done! Smile

If you ask me, let it stay on BT1. It helped me so much on hard maps to find out what to do, that's just great. It would annoy me if i have eachtime change the server to try a few things out. (Imagine there would be people on BT2, and you cant change map to the one you want)
Just don't count the caps which were used with checkpoints, so we can be sure that players don't destroy the game.

FleaBaG
USER: FLEABAG

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

TsHell wrote:
MeadEh wrote:
BT3 & BT4 : YES

Soon new rec so ? Mr. Green

Why using checkpoint's on BT3 & 4 ??

Aren't that rush servers???

@ Medic:
Isn't it possible only to spawn when players are an 'x' amount away from the spawningpoint? seconds or distance?

Last edited by FleaBaG on Tue Nov 04, 2008 18:31; edited 1 time in total

FiReCrAckeR
USER: FIRECRACKER

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, tried the checkpoint mutator today; what i can say is that its very helpful and it saves lots of spawns at the start of maps-which normally occurs on busy servers. I see no-problem in keeping this on BT1 but, i have to say that if the captures don't count then its no problemo. Otherwise it will ruin somebody else's run.
But all in all, Nice job medic and thank you for the new invention- I think its helped mostly everyone Smile

}ElitE{Bon
USER: BONKET

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

FleaBaG wrote:
TsHell wrote:
MeadEh wrote:
BT3 & BT4 : YES

Soon new rec so ? Mr. Green

Why using checkpoint's on BT3 & 4 ??

Well,checkpoints would be very useful for rushers to do their runs/test them. And ,BT4 is also a capture server,isn't it ?

FiReCrAckeR

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT3/BT4 Are both rush servers i'd say, both 2-slots Smile

Sp0ngeb0b

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add the mutator on all 4 Bt-servers, it would be great Cool

}ElitE{Spy`z_
USER: SPYHUNTER

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, put it on all servers, if the times don't count it doesnt really matter, its not like we can hax0r recs on teh bt3 and teh bt4

FiReCrAckeR

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

spyhunter wrote:
Yes indeed, put it on all servers, if the times don't count it doesnt really matter, its not like we can hax0r recs on teh bt3 and teh bt4

Yes i agree putting it on all servers would be a good idea, then maybe some people can go on to BT2/3/4 instead of everyone staying on BT1 just for the mutator, But then again the popularity and activity could be good Wink

}ElitE{Scorp!o
USER: 5C0RP10

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be on BT1 because in my opinion that's not what that server is about. I always considered BT1 to be a normal capturing server - these checkpoints kind of ruin the fun. I prefer to explore a map carefully, trying not to die along the way etc... It just doesn't feel right on BT1.

I think it's a good idea for the other servers - practicing obstacles / shortcuts on BT3 and BT4, and helping to learn maps on BT2. BT1 should be left as a normal BT server - without people teleporting in front of you at every mover etc.

Just my feelings.

}ElitE{LAg`
USER: LAGGEH

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 00:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightning wrote:
Bloeb wrote:
This is a great mod, especially for BT2. Unfortunately it's just very annoying on BT1. Players keep popping up infront of you. Also, if you're unlucky they steal the mover you where about to take.

My concerns exactly. This could ruin BT1 for the decent players. Something must be done about this to make sure anyone using checkpoints has to step-aside and allow persons from behind to take the mover first. Otherwise I think this feature should be BT2 only.

+1

Very nice tho medic.

nierd_2
USER: METOCH

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 00:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the meanign of putting it on BT63 ? you have to have capped the map to get on BT3. which means you are able to finish the mapin 1 run without dying. so why on BT3 ? :p

[i4g]Medic
USER: MEDIC

i4Games Head Admini4Games Head Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 08:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the interesting feedback so far. Keep it coming! Smile

I'm trying to reduce the annoyance of the checkpoints for those who don't use them. Right now, it's no more possible to have more than 3 checkpoints in a specific radius. You also can't set a checkpoint if you set one less than 10 sec ago.

I've been told that the checkpoints could distract the sight of other players, so I'll make them more translucent.

Also, I thought about adding some delay to the respawn when using a checkpoint... And adding some visual feedback on the checkpoint to notify that a player is about to respawn. I can also try to prevent any respawn if a player that didn't use a checkpoint is nearby (with a reasonable delay limit).

One positive side that I see to have it on BT1 is that players do not fear to play hard maps anymore. Many BT players with average or lower skills can now enjoy harder maps as well. And more skilled players can play harder map and be no longer stuck waiting for them to be voted.

I even thought about making BT2 like how BT1 is now. That'd be 2 different places with 2 different maps for everyone to enjoy - beginners or not.

Also, let me remind you that - unlike BT3 and BT4 - BT1 and BT2 are meant for casual playing; where people can help each other passing difficulties and learn the maps better.

jvnkie
USER: JVNKIE

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome feature imo, As long as turns on movers etc are respected by all players that is Wink
Furthermore it would be nice if cp-caps and tele-caps (on BT2) would not count in the score at all. This because there are always those annoying kids who spoil overtime by capping about 60 times by only using the last tele, they will probably do the same with the checkpoints i guess.

Sp0ngeb0b

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. But if it's possible upload the 1st released checkpoint version on BT4, you'r alone there, so you cant destroy the game. You don't need the settings with the 10secs and with waiting time on BT4.

[i4g]Medic
USER: MEDIC

i4Games Head Admini4Games Head Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT3 and BT4 are meant for rushing, not exploring/training.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9