Beta maps
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
!!Frit!!Viandel
USER: VIANDEL

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 23:14    Post subject: Beta maps

Hello BT enthousiasts and lurkers

This topic is created to post all kinds of map suggestions you would like to see get airtime on i4g. The current activity level and number of "new" uploaded maps is skyhigh. And if you like it that way, i4g could use your help. Ideally, each week new maps are posted for beta-testing. Some of these maps require (minor) fixes and it would help the staff out a lot if you could point them in the right direction. What you should check for: is the map 2sided, bug and shortcut free.

If you like this post: click the like button, subscribe and comment below.

CTF-BT-Storm-v4.rar

GAME ON

Last edited by !!Frit!!Viandel on Tue May 05, 2015 15:33; edited 2 times in total

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 00:11    Post subject: Re: Beta maps

Viandel wrote:
Ideally, each week new maps are posted for beta-testing. Some of these maps require (minor) fixes and it would help the staff out a lot if you could point them in the right direction. What you should check for: is the map 2sided, bug and shortcut free.

CTF-BT-A-Little-Fun-[z1] https://www.sendspace.com/file/by7v4t

This fix I made is not a BETA. I fixed it a few years ago and has since been seen on some public servers and I'm pretty sure it is same, and therefore fair, on both sides now. For the record, I didn't remove the blind dodge shortcut as that was not in my interest to do so.

Viandel wrote:
If you like this post: click the like button, subscribe and comment below.
I think you're getting confused with Facebook Razz

p-a-w-e-l
USER: P-A-W-E-L

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 09:17    Post subject: Re: Beta maps

Ofc, good post and good to know what might be uploaded in a near future. Smile
Not a surprise elements then, which are fine for me.
Rly a little fun fix? As if it;s not on i4g already....
SAFeCRACKeR wrote:
I think you're getting confused with Facebook Razz

Or rather a youtube. Very Happy

SAFeSTeR

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 09:36    Post subject: Re: Beta maps

p-a-w-e-l wrote:
Rly a little fun fix? As if it;s not on i4g already....

Not the fixed version I don't think.

OwYeaW
USER: OWYEAW

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, i've made a fix/edit for zeldaquest. Everything should work good now, still 1 sided tho.
No idea how the windmill rotating mover is going to behave when online, offline it works fine.
Check it out, find buggs or shortcuts : http://speedy.sh/fRdXN/CTF-BT-ZeldaQuest-1sidefixxed.unr

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah was going to make a topic alike this Very Happy.
Anyway Viandel, could you also post the list you sent to me here, so every map suggestion is one one centralized place and not in 400 different ones? Razz

!!Frit!!Viandel

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with HemortalsHouse, Mirrorsofpanda & Pisomojado. They are 2 sided, bug & shortcut free and ready to be uploaded! :] Ofcourse, a second, third, any other opinion is taken in since it's possible I may have overlooked some things.

Regarding BT-Storm: room touching flag, shortcut by jumping on top of the button to the top of glassfence + sidedodging across skipping the lavapillars. People also say it's possible to time liftjump, skipping the entire room - so I've heard.

GhOsT
USER: GHOST

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

*reminder*

Fix only what is needed to make the map playable when you got no permission from the original author.

Always try to contact the original author even if he's inactive for years, people tend to come back as been shown in past and present-day.

No response after a certain period of time? Then do the required fix.
He/she replies with "gohead do what you want" then text above can be ignored and hf with editing the map.
He/she replies with "No don't touch it" then well..original map stays on BT2 or if it wasn't then won't get uploaded.

Vandora
USER: CHAMBERLY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 05:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Ocarina of Time has been uploaded or not, but there was some kind of weird crash problem happening on clients as seen here: http://www.unrealkillers.com/f21/broken-bt-maps-5217/#post78934
Ang say map can be edited if it can be fixed. Would be great... I guess. Razz I didn't try to do anything to fix it because it seem questionable.

RoelerCoaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to fix the CB version of Ocarina for a 3 on 3 cup with Angs permission. I cleaned up a lot of the brush work, doubly referenced actors, useless decoration dangling somewhere in the void, redid the zoning, replaced some vanishing brushes. I released it as CB2. I never re-tested it fully for crashes, but it has crashed once during a cup match, so it seems the problems are not entirely solved. I honestly have no idea what the cause of the crashes are, I basically decomosed and analysed that entire map.

Vandora
USER: CHAMBERLY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 00:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem to have a problem with the movers conflict (the one you shoot the trigger and the spikes came up) and I was thinking if you could remove those movers and just go on, see how it goes from there, but that's just my idea of what might be up with the map.

^Mystique^
USER: MYSTIQUE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there are people on i4g who want to help fix maps?

I tried some maps but didnt work to fix it:

CTF-BT-Deflection
CTF-BT-Easybunny
CTF-BT-Egyptsecrets
CTF-BT-Icefortress
CTF-BT-Mix
CTF-BT-Ounokikan
CTF-BT-Royalty
CTF-BT-Seasonwarz
CTF-BT-Skilltest
CTF-BT-Spiderbattlefield
CTF-BT-Supermario-v2
CTF-BT-Tickettohell -> last mover
CTF-BT-Uncommon
CTF-BT-United-v1
CTF-BT-z3u5-fixed

Some help would be nice. Ghost and i knows from the most maps what needs to be fixed. Some help would be awesome to get all maps on I4games Smile
If you got also a suggestion for a map, you can post it here. Thanks in forward already.

Last edited by ^Mystique^ on Sat May 16, 2015 12:17; edited 5 times in total

SAFeSTeR

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

mystique wrote:
Maybe there are people on i4g who want to help fix maps?

Some help would be nice. Ghost and i knows from the most maps what needs to be fixed. Some help would be awesome to get all maps on I4games Smile
If you got also a suggestion for a map, you can post it here. Thanks in forward already.

I'm willing to help, but only with small / quick fixes so it doesn't eat into time for my own mapping project.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, some years ago I made a fix for A-Little-Fun-[z1]- but it got overlooked.
The original has unequal sides making it easier to cap on one. I fixed this as well as improving spawns.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zydzty

RoelerCoaster

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 06:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have time I may be able to look at some of them, but no guarantees.

BTW, easybunny is _really_ impossible to double

!!Frit!!Viandel

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see BT-(Boo)DreamsMaker-v2 get fixed.
For me, the last room kills the map. I don't know if there are some sc's with the liftmovers in beginning though..
How people are able to cap even with the buggy dodge movers is beyond me Applause

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5