Netspeed now blocked for certified records

Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Announcements
Netspeed now blocked for certified records
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 19:14    Post subject: Netspeed now blocked for certified records

Hello,

Due to various hacks linked to netspeed change we have decided to block the minimum netspeed on BT3/BT4 to a value of 10000.
We apologize to our far away friends who will certainly suffer from that decision if they ever wanted to try records but we really see no other solution.

We are asking rushers who have made records by lowering their netspeed to contact us with a list of those records so they can removed and retried with what we think is a more fair setup.
This won't lead to bans (of course) because it was not considered as a cheat before. However if we find out some records were taken by changing the netspeed, we will take appropriate action depending on the location of the player.

Thanks all for your cooperation.
Special thanks to Dylan who is the first player to comply to the new rules.

Have fun,

C.N.

BlueBalls
USER: BUNNYBOY

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Bonket Sad almost all of his records are doe on 7777 netspeed :'(

love the special thanks to dyl part Smile, i hear the lower your n/s the faster you fall in drops.

}ElitE{Bon
USER: BONKET

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyboy wrote:

love the special thanks to dyl part Smile, i hear the lower your n/s the faster you fall in drops.

"almost all" ?

netspeed doesn't give anything really, it does not make you fall faster neither dodge faster. All it gives you is an advantage on maps with bouncers - it behaves weird then.

nonetheless I will give admins a list I had lowered netspeed at. If it's 10000 for all now, let it stay like that then.

fierd_6
USER: STRUPPI13

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

netspeed is not a hack?! for some player a netspeed of 6500 works better than a netspeed 10000 soem ages ago that lagged at me got better net now so its fine , and i know that bounces are easier with these lower netspeed , but it doesnt save time? i even feel slower by lowering it? from where you got that it is a speedhack....?

normalname
USER: NORMALNAME

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally my netspeed is always 10000
But to cap certain maps, like basicgaymap, I had to lower it to do the bouncers because for some reason they didnt boucne me high enough at 10000 ns Shocked

Raylen
USER: RAYLEN

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 07:50    Post subject: Bouncers

After I moved into my new flat last year, I now have a more shit connection (thanks VirginMedia tbh), which acts a bit like lowered netspeed in that bouncers usually work 100%, for example on easy_fix.

The downside is that sometimes I can fall straight through a bouncer and crater <3

jvnkie
USER: JVNKIE

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:44    Post subject: Re: Bouncers

Raylen wrote:

The downside is that sometimes I can fall straight through a bouncer and crater <3

Hmnzzz, could that be the reason i keep falling through the high bouncers on 'father and son' ? I can bounce on them for hours off-line, but on-line i fall through them every second bounce... Now I know why.

}ElitE{Bon
USER: BONKET

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

since you've installed this netspeedblock , I don't have timer quite often : s

and jvnkie, u fall through them bouncers just because they lag.

nierd_2
USER: METOCH

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonket wrote:
bunnyboy wrote:

"almost all" ?

netspeed doesn't give anything really, it does not make you fall faster neither dodge faster. All it gives you is an advantage on maps with bouncers - it behaves weird then.

nonetheless I will give admins a list I had lowered netspeed at. If it's 10000 for all now, let it stay like that then.

hmmm the only thing I ever tested regarding netspeed is that you can fall higher / lower with bouncers. Niko tested that with me since it worked for him but not for me.

Bloeb
USER: BLOEB

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I join the servers with a lower netspeed I don't get a HUD, I can't change views and I can't jump properly. At first I couldn't figure out the reason, but eventually I found out that somehow my netspeed-setting was lowered. It would be helpful if you could give a warning on the server; telling the player to change his/her netspeed if it's too low.

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The netspeedblock is only on BT3/4 and you should be kicked if the netspeed is too low...

Bloeb
USER: BLOEB

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, I should've read this article more thoroughly.

Nevertheless, it's a bit strange that the issues only appear on i4g-servers when my netspeed is too low.

p-a-w-e-l
USER: P-A-W-E-L

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netspeed blocked on bt3/bt4 was a good idea, but it causes another problems - it's obvious but want to write it. Timer on those servers is hoffed up and it happens pretty often. :/

P.E.R.N
USER: PERN

i4Games Admin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

About lowering netspeed, as it isnt allowed on i4g :

ONLY the players who have the "not bounce enough" effect (easy to check on Bt iron-V3) are allowed to change them netspeed and strictly only on the trap needed.
All who arent cursed by this bad effect and who will take advantage with changing netspeed might be banned.

Page 1 of 1