Beta Test Small map please.

Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
Beta Test Small map please.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Whitey-
USER: PENNYWISE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 06:15    Post subject: Beta Test Small map please.

This is just a smallish map based on the style of my earlier map "BaseOnMars"
Dl Link
http://www.filedropper.com/ctf-bt-backonmars

Seems to be ok, but as per usual i usually miss a few things that you guys pick up so if you would be kind as to test both side of map and keep a list of fixes in this thread.

If everything is fine and playable feel free to upload.

Cheers.

OwYeaW
USER: OWYEAW

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 09:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tested both sides, after looking in the editor i saw that the red side was missing a few tags

here's what i found to be incorrect:

-reduce the playerstarts, i think 2 are fine (preferably exactly equal playerstarts)

-not sure if intentional; the first target can be shot without using the raising platform (i personally like it the way it is now)

-at the lifts you can easily jump around the lifts by jumping between the lift and masked texture

-after terrain(red sequence1) the first 2 platforms' delay could be reduced 1.5->0.5 seconds

-further in the same room; you forgot the tag from the platform that gets triggered together with the door (Shoot13az)

-in the next room(red small sequence) the first target could be opened faster to improve flow(best way to do this would be to use bumpevent since it triggers directly instead of when the button is fully pushed)
the 3rd targethatch is missing a tag (Shoot2az)

-in the next room(red sequence3) the 1st button can be skipped by jumping on top of the 2nd button (putting a blockall ±64 units above the button can prevent players from standing on top of the button and at same time wouldnt disturb normal gameplay)
the subtract brushes in the wall where the platforms come out from all have 1 texture inside out(the right texture)
the wall texture containing a trim should be lowered a few units(the wall under the player when it enters the room)

-in the next room(red jump movers) at the target sequence the first platform that lowers into the slime has its open position on the same height as the floor so you can see the movers texture

-throughout the whole map the steelbarrels are movable and i guess they could be used to progress through the map

i think that when the map is properly finished it will be enjoyable to play Smile

-Whitey-

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 01:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnks man. knew i would forget something.

Working on this now.

-Whitey-

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 00:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed everything so far.

Only thing i don't understand that you're saying is

"the subtract brushes in the wall where the platforms come out from all have 1 texture inside out(the right texture) "

Thanks again for the feedback.

OwYeaW
USER: OWYEAW

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 00:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Whitey-

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 00:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yep. Cheers.

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.i4games.eu/maps/CTF-BT-BackOnMars-V1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1