Nostalgia
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hTAlpha
USER: HTALPHA

First BloodFirst Blood
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 16:42    Post subject: Nostalgia

Hey guys and girls,

aphlA here, I don't know if you know or remember me. (Created BT-Phazon and with Krool BT-Horror and was very active in playing Bunnytrack. Smile )

And today the nostalgia hit me hard, about 10 years later after I stopped playing. Is still somebody around or am I shouting in an empty room? i4Games seems like to be the last plattform, where the lights are still glowing and darken slower than on the other forums. IRC is already dead.

I just wanted to say it was a fun time, met a lot of great people and some became friends at that time. Nowadays I don't have any contact to anyone :p. It was crazy to experience the peak in the community, when everybody enhanced the community by playing, mapping, creating clans and all that stuff.
Some name I still remember quite good: Krool, Acai Nice, Blitz(y) ,Weezy(he beat all of my records, haha Very Happy), Humak and some of the i4g staff, CN and Medic and much more.

So thank you all even you which I didn't name! If there are still some people around, maybe I am willing to reinstall UT99 to play a round :-p

Best regards
aphlA

SO1
USER: UNSTABLE

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 00:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy nice words Very Happy hi Very Happy welcome home Very Happy

peters and lee

shaihulud
USER: SHAIHULUD

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 04:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

ut99.org is a generic meeting place for the UT crowd and pretty active. unrealadmin.org gets light traffic. There are several quite popular non-BT servers, but pick-up-games seem to be getting a lot of attention via Discord these days:

https://discordapp.com/channels/277352476590473217/277352476590473217

SO1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 01:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Hunt TOo

[AcAi].Fuer$
USER: FUERS

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 06:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mate.
welcome back. i have acai.nice and some of the other acai guys (humak, krool, weezy etc) on facebook. There is even a fb group of old ut99 players (UTvolution) on facebook which acai.nice created. There was even a forum but don't know if is still up. pm me if u want to get in contact with them. i check this forum time to time.

Happy fragging and cappin Wink

Luftwaffel
USER: LUFTWAFFEL

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played some Instagib CTF today. I must admit: UT99 is better than most modern games nowadays. As for the community aspect of it all, I really miss it. I don't know if it's just me, or because I was young, but the tight communities that dedicated servers used to have, don't seem to exist anymore in other games. A shame.

SO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 01:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all good on UT but getting younger players to play is hard as my daughter wants a play station4 ?? for Xmas...bless...she 14

Dylanbro
USER: DYLANEKE

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnSTaBLe wrote:
its all good on UT but getting younger players to play is hard as my daughter wants a play station4 ?? for Xmas...bless...she 14

bless

Krool
USER: KROOL

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aphla!! Very Happy

Nice to see a post from you in 2017. Time goes too fast..
I still have UT99 installed. Maybe we play some Instagib Last Man Standing ? Smile

Btw. BT-Phazon we also created together. ^^
And BT-Knowledge we did also. These maps were still played sometimes in the cups 2013-2014. :F

SO1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krool wrote:
Hi Aphla!! Very Happy

Nice to see a post from you in 2017. Time goes too fast..
I still have UT99 installed. Maybe we play some Instagib Last Man Standing ? Smile

Btw. BT-Phazon we also created together. ^^
And BT-Knowledge we did also. These maps were still played sometimes in the cups 2013-2014. :F

Very Happy

Wombatty
USER: MARISA

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 02:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page is still online, thats so cool. I completely share the feeling, good old days. I miss them somehow, we had such a great time here in an awesome community. Greetings to all of you old faces!

PS: My maps still keep being capped, wow. Maybe I‘ll install UT99 again some time to just keep dying at my own traps Very Happy

M

Ewelinka
USER: DJ_STEAM

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 00:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

marisa wrote:
This page is still online, thats so cool. I completely share the feeling, good old days. I miss them somehow, we had such a great time here in an awesome community. Greetings to all of you old faces!

PS: My maps still keep being capped, wow. Maybe I‘ll install UT99 again some time to just keep dying at my own traps Very Happy

M

What maps have you made ill check em out Very Happy

E:
Yeah UT'99 is my one of fav fps ever, some of the reasons are shooting, movement is sooo fast, thats what I like it, reflex and speed thats whats important here <3 I also remember playing i4g in the gold age, sadly its almost empty when I am plying lately a bit Very Happy lol

SO1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will return..just believe Very Happy Very Happy

SO1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

[i4g]RapteR
USER: RAPTER

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this place brings back some fond but distant memories.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2