fixing the-lonely-tower help

Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
fixing the-lonely-tower help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozma777
USER: OZMA777

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 07:08    Post subject: fixing the-lonely-tower help

I've changed a bunch of stuff that was slightly annoying to me (probably really annoying to others)
Added some blocks to change the stupid dodge to sinking platform, sink, take damage, come back up and hope to liftjump to the next one (two movers room with the waterfall).
Added some more blocks at the second bridge part, and disabled shortcutting around that whole part.
Added some more blocks to make the window jumps 2 times instead of 4 after initial liftjump (out of first room after the spawn/kick/shot part)
Added another block in the switch/shots/kicker room (before the bridge) and made the shot covers open quicker.
Removed the fish that kept flopping around in the lower room (even though there was a MASSIVE block monster to keep that from happening.
Changed last room (that used to have fish in it) to instakill slime.
Updated the end shot/kicker part (after you get the flag) so that the shot has a .25 second delay on bringing the attach mover (with the kicker) up, and also changed the first shot from that lower room (opening the ceiling hatch/mover) to keep it open longer.....
That way you shoot the target that brings the kicker up IMMEDIATELY shoot the ceiling and before you hit the next ceiling shoot it too.
Hopefully this will enable better rushing as well as the earlier fixes (adding blocks).
Also added nali fruit at the part where if you fall in the holes you end up in the arena (in case you are less than 100 health because the flag fall drops you to between 53 and 57 health)
The new kick after you get the flag will not be more than a 30 health loss so that should be fine.
Also the stupid (and annoying) plank of wood dodge to hopefully get on that block has changed. The height of the block has been lowered and another is added so that you can still get to the last block jump WITHOUT trying that plank dodge 100 times.

WHICH leaves only the last part:

I cannot find any information on setting Skaarj attack/visibility of players/attack delays and all that. (actor properties)

it seems that much of the UT99 tutorials I remember seeing have vanished.

So I am still stuck.

I need those Skaarjs to lay the F off a little bit, and NOT shoot at people through doors as well.

I reduced the number of Skaarjs, but I can't release a fix until I get the Skaarj viciousness in order.

Oh and unfortunately the recs will probably need to be deleted since skipping the bridge section is not an option anymore, and parts of it are easier and faster.

HOPEFULLY someone has some old legacy:info on how to set monsters to attack less frequently and viciously and lower their visibility so they can't see as far.

(side note on another map) Also I have changed krall-fortress a little bit (I need to find the finished map first before posting it)
Removed the stupid block (right above your head) tedious jump sequence and something else I think too (I will have to look)

In Krall-fortress the rec times can stay the same because it is easier now, and I am sure that no one wants to play it again except me. Soon I will get some new maps up here as well, lots of things were partially lost and I just got back some things too.

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much help this will be but I've uploaded a document explaining how to use 'creatures' in UT. It's pretty detailed so you should find what you're looking for.

Link only available for 30 days: https://ufile.io/4hv5h

Ozma777
USER: OZMA777

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAFeCRACKeR wrote:
I don't know how much help this will be but I've uploaded a document explaining how to use 'creatures' in UT. It's pretty detailed so you should find what you're looking for.

Link only available for 30 days: https://ufile.io/4hv5h

nice, thanks, that was the unrealtournament page I couldn't find.

hopefully I can get the skaarjs to lay off a bit more and not shoot at closed doors, then release a V2 of this map.

I am not sure if times can be saved or if the map needs to be rerun. It depends on how easy it was to do the shortcuts on the bridge vs doing the actual bridge part (I never could do the shortcut which is why I didn't know it existed).

Thanks to P-a-w-e-l, who showed me that you could skip the whole bridge part.

Also I changed some parts to make them less sucky.

also:
Should I fix the water on BT-Duel that you can just swim through so that you can NOT swim through it to disable that shortcut?

Page 1 of 1