Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
2 Player BTMap Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CULPRIT
USER: CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 17:56    Post subject: 2 Player BTMap Testing

Hi people, Im in final stages of a new BT-II map. If anyone would like to help test online, please join unreal://108.61.209.35:7077 and vote for CTF-BT-II-noggsrfrexeese2r (or something similar, testname)

Soo yes I can just make out a light at the end of the tunnel now. I have one main worry that it wont double. Oh and another main worry that Mr bsp will visit when doubled. Its already saying something about side nodes and my mapping technique is pretty naive.

In theory this is cappable, so its needing a 'trigger & timing' test. Thought I'd throw some teasers at you and hope that if problems arise, some helping hands might spawn.

1. Features a selection of NW3 weapons. But when and where to use them best?

2. Targets that shoot back

3. Suits and Boots!

4. Taunt free! (Well.. Almost)

5. Obligatory Tossing!

6. Oh wow, this list tailed off pretty quickly.. Sad

There are teles next to the playerstarts. They wont be in the final map, just testing shortcuts to other parts.

Best not to cp this either. You may need a key or suit that you will have lost.

Enjoy! Smile

CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Got some screenies together. And a little tut/hint on what to do Smile

Soo, we begin! Ive tried to use red and green lights, to replace the need for taunting. But for some reason, this gets ignored and people get confused! Rolling Eyes

These red lights for example. A random trigger by your team mate will turn one of them green, for you to shoot and proceed..

Once you conquer the first part/room, you discover that you have escaped from some hovering craft..

So your outside! But what the hell to do?! Well hopefuly part of the fun of this map is exploration. You know like how games used to be, where you have to think a little.

So lets look around. But be careful! Look what happened to the last map tester!..

Ah! Ok we found a weapon!.. But its surrounded by bio gel slithy slimey stuff. If only one of you had a Bio Suit!

Hmm so how to best use this Freezer Gun.. Well, water freezes, I believe. And oh theres something down that tunnel..

But there are two tunnels.. And its a team map.. Maybe more ammo needed? Try your luck at the village Archery court Razz
Note to coders.. I find that NW3 Ammo ignores 0.0 respawn as meaning 'don't' respawn. They just keepa coming. Needing some help fixing this..

Sooo after grabbing the warm clothing, the next part/room takes you to some cold place!

There may be several ways to beat this obstacle, but I intended the need for a force field, to stop projectiles.. And then maybe you can both sweep through the ice.

Gah! Now its boosty time!

Now the team gets split up. don't be afraid! You can keep an eye on each other while timing the obstacles..
Hmm Alone in a room full of flying symbols! Match what appears on the floor to what is flying and shoot it! Which weapon? You decide..

Ok how does your teammate help? Well they get to smash glass and dodge grenades. Oh and of course they have their turn with the flying symbols. But this guy gotta chase em Laughing

Wow you got through alone? Well next part reunites you both outside again, (if you can find each other)
And its time now to infiltrate the blue side... Yes!... Eh? What??
The last room can be reached if you both use the Infiltrator suit. (Blue Skin overlay or skin colour change.. I still need a kind coder to help with this part..

They don't really switch to blue team. But it will feel like if they have blue skin hehe. Here you will both have to launch grenades down the chute. Get 10 in and escape!
And finally the flags! Oh dam. How to get in.. Melt our way in! Burn these glass doors fast enough and its cap time!

Well hows that then?
"But what about the shooting targets?" I hear you ask.. Well if you look closely and that dead map tester, you will find someone lurking with a gun..
And the obligatory tossing occurs twice, once for each team mate, with their respective protective suits.

Soo not really an easy map if you are using cp. These things will be lost... Unlessss those coders come out of the shadows Smile

Well thats it so far. Tweaks/Tests/Double in progress Smile
Its online if youre interested.

Thanks all!

Alchemist
USER: ALCHEMIST

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello mate , im glad people are still mapping - perhaps maybe making a 1 player bt map - as i doubt many bt players are still around

CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, please delete, doublepost

Last edited by CULPRIT on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46; edited 1 time in total

CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this map would take some thought, to make it a 1player. Im thinking about how to do it, but with the speed of my mapping, it wouldnt be ready for months + lol.

The best I can offer short term is a 20 second cap rushmap made some time back, from unused parts of the this 2player. Youre welcome to try it, but its not a map that will have bt players flooding back lol.

108.61.209.35/CTF-BT-(Q)SwiftRush.zip

(uz's included)

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely missed that 20s map. A bit late, but it is uploaded

CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 03:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys I had as expected, problems with the outside part. So slowly but surely its been redesigned and has turned out much better!

Im feeling close the finish now. Beta Testing needed!

Ive also thought of a 1 player version, it could work nice, i guess ill be converting sometime, but maybe after the obligatory ued break

I have the map CTF-BT-(Q)-Eff-In-Ell-rBeta1 online at

108.61.209.35:7077 Paris
45.77.194.254:7077 Miami

This map uses some NW3 weapons, and some config.ini files are needed for correct gameplay. If you cache the files for your own server, please mail me for these settings.

I guess these could be changed how you like it, but for default as-is meant settings, please ask.

Of course ill include all things on final version. I should really tidy up some texture packages too before the end pff

SO1
USER: UNSTABLE

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW maps looks good Very Happy

CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is now a cappable map. Unfortunately i don't think it will double easily.

in testing the channels were nearing 1000 lol. It averages around 500 to 600 now, maybe it was the server. But anyways, to compensate, if the other team try a kill, they will feel the pain instead.

Im pretty sure ive included all files needed. Most importantly, there are 2 NW3 ini files that should be in the servers system folder. Some weapons will not work right if these are not included.

Take some time to learn the map and you should have some fun Smile

108.61.209.35/CTF-BT-II-(Q)Eff-In-Ell-vf.zip

Big file but redirects are included too.

Page 1 of 1