BunnyTrack Training
Usage of Teleporters
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaakie
USER: JAAKIE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people who cap by going into the last teleporter are probably people who don't understand what they are playing or what the use of this teleporters means for. Most of the time it are people I never see on the BT1 server.

But I agree it's very annoying , especially on some maps like cyf-bt-Another where you hear that constant sound that plays when someone reaches the ending.. hard to concentrate like that Razz

PukkY
USER: PUKKY

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanomanUK wrote:
PukkY wrote:
I use teleporters to practice the flag cap Smile

Which exactly pisses people off...

You gotta practise the map not the flag. We all know the flag works

Some flag cap parts are hard, so i try to be as fast as possible, when im fast enough i practice the whole map Laughing but most of the times when i practice the flagcap is when i can cap the map but wanna be faster Wink

Blue-Ice
USER: LAURI1

Killing spreeKilling spree
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 16:42    Post subject: ***

Only few flag parts are hard...
but if ya cap only few times using teleports ....then its ok nut if ya cap 50 times then that sux :0k:

Prone
USER: HOLYHELL

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

just don't cap using tele to prac flag-part. just do suicide or something

PukkY
USER: PUKKY

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolyHell wrote:
just don't cap using tele to prac flag-part. just do suicide or something

ehh, then i still woulnt know if my time would get faster..

[i4g]Z
USER: Z-ROX

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think that the discussion is fruitless... its a training server, and not a match server. I only go there when nobody or only one or two players are on it. BT is a challange for me just to complete part of the map, not to cap. don't get me wrong, but... not all players have BT skills to match the BT regs on BT1. (but most of the BT regs that cap alot cant match my skills of capping on iCTF) Thats why the BT2 server was made... its not a competition server but a training server. If someone abuses its main use by multipul capping, then they are only faking themselves out. But that doesnt bother me much, coz I only go there to see what the map/maps is/are like, because it also helps me to use the things on the iCTF maps to my advantage.

now a little off topic... I would like to know if any of you use behindview while playing on a BT server. I would think that it would be an advantage to see yourself standing, jumping, running or whatever. Can you tell me which view you use while playing?

Prone
USER: HOLYHELL

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use behind view for dodging cause i can only dodge right not left. Its sometimes usefull to see yourself but sometimes not, ie: if you are in a small room don't use behindview cause your view will get hoffed up. I think behindview is usefull when you cant see where you are going.

DanBennett
USER: DANOMANUK

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the normal view because i am used to it and i know where the limits are

Bober
USER: BOBER

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, we have same problem i guess.
and i want to practise some map, when i manage to pass a first room (or maybe some more on really easy maps) it is already over.

bt1 is full and, it is not that much a practise there. bt2 server is really good for training, just people aren't that good Sad
so, if you happen to know when the training server is almost empty, please tell me. I just want to avoid massive capping and team maps (don't like them, and i'm also very bad at them)

DanBennett
USER: DANOMANUK

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your own server or play offline?

Play offline (don't USE THE CHEATS!). If there are bits that you cant do like on BT-Peaceful i couldnt jump up things that i can do online, so just lower the grav a bit and try again untill it seems right.

I prefer to practise online... I'm sure you can find a server somewhere Wink

Anyway the BT2 server i know is mostly empty during the mornings and maybe in weekdays (Havn't checked recently)

Bober
USER: BOBER

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanomanUK wrote:
Get your own server or play offline?

Play offline (don't USE THE CHEATS!). If there are bits that you cant do like on BT-Peaceful i couldnt jump up things that i can do online, so just lower the grav a bit and try again untill it seems right.

I prefer to practise online... I'm sure you can find a server somewhere Wink

Anyway the BT2 server i know is mostly empty during the mornings and maybe in weekdays (Havn't checked recently)

hm.. ok.
just don't know where to reduce the gravity. it can be very low or normal. (and it's weird, because sometimes the gravity is just like on the server, sometimes it's a bit lower, so as you said, can't jump on a box or sth)
i'd practise online on some other server maybe, but I added about 5 servers to favourites. all of them are offline or changed ip Crying or Very sad

[i4g]Acme
USER: ACME

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 08:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z-ROX wrote:
I actually think that the discussion is fruitless... its a training server, and not a match server. I only go there when nobody or only one or two players are on it. BT is a challange for me just to complete part of the map, not to cap. don't get me wrong, but... not all players have BT skills to match the BT regs on BT1. (but most of the BT regs that cap alot cant match my skills of capping on iCTF) Thats why the BT2 server was made... its not a competition server but a training server. If someone abuses its main use by multipul capping, then they are only faking themselves out. But that doesnt bother me much, coz I only go there to see what the map/maps is/are like, because it also helps me to use the things on the iCTF maps to my advantage.

now a little off topic... I would like to know if any of you use behindview while playing on a BT server. I would think that it would be an advantage to see yourself standing, jumping, running or whatever. Can you tell me which view you use while playing?

Well said.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to use keys to advance in the map.
ie. when you finish a part of the map you can collect a key which enables you to use a teleport that transports you to that part of the map.
I can imagine that some people wouldn't like that concept because they want to practise a particular part of the map, like the cap. Then again it wouldn't be a problem to do the first parts of the map.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2