Announcements
New feature for BT rookies: Checkpoints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sp0ngeb0b
USER: SP0NGEB0B

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? What would be the problem adding it on BT4? I don't see the reason why it is only for rushers.

Kiji`
USER: MEADEH

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people go on bt4 only for cap, so the mod can be usefull there too.

Anyway i stay on my position : BT2, BT3 and BT4 = YES
BT1 = NO

Because of this mod, nobody on bt1 can cap in normal way. There is always someone with the "checkpoint" in your steps and most of them totaly don't care of u and don't wait their "turn"...

BT1 is for cap and have a recorded time.
BT2 is for train... this mod doesn't permit to have a recorded time, so it's a training mod, so = BT2 (and bt3 and bt4 for rusher who want learn some part to do perfect run indeed)

The best sollution is to remove it from bt1.

nierd_2
USER: METOCH

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view is that if you wish to perfectify a run to rush it... you can do it offline. you don't rush a map unless you are able to cap it without dying right?

}ElitE{Scorp!o
USER: 5C0RP10

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to remind people that are commenting on repeated captures - as soon as the flag is captured, the checkpoint is deleted, so you won't keep respawning at the flag. It would still take the normal time to capture.

I'm with Kiji and Lightning on the servers issue - I strongly feel that it isn't good for BT1. The good players cap the hard maps, that's the way it's always been, and if you really train hard at a map (in other servers!!) then you might have a chance of doing it yourself on BT1. Capturing a hard map on BT1 should always be an achievement, not 'practice'.

Last edited by }ElitE{Scorp!o on Wed Nov 05, 2008 21:10; edited 1 time in total

JensonFTW
USER: LIGHTNING

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl re-read Medic's first post, it says how to delete them.

}ElitE{Bon
USER: BONKET

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

5C0RP10 wrote:
Another thing that I have noticed is that once you've trained an obstacle and want to start a run, you either have to capture the flag (could be several minutes on a long map) or reconnect to the server, to get rid of the checkpoint. Would there be a way to remove the checkpoint manually? E.g. typing !nocp in game, or something.

lol

Medic wrote:

(To remove your checkpoint, just type "mutate nocheckpoint" or say "!nocheckpoint".)

}ElitE{Scorp!o

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatcha on about fools, I said nothing of the sort! ^^

DanBennett
USER: DANOMANUK

Wicked Sick!!Wicked Sick!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed lol.

Good to see it aint justme that thinks about what server it should be on.

Reguarding making BT2 like BT1... Please no Sad I think its good to have a training server.. Theres too many BT stuff already with the 2 rush servers for special people already capped... BT2 should stick to training imo, and with training should have the training feature of checkpoints to use them to train certain parts of a map.

FleaBaG
USER: FLEABAG

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

this mod looks like an improvement of the training mod on BT2!

[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

FleaBaG wrote:
this mod looks like an improvement of the training mod on BT2!

Not at all.
The training mod allows you to go to the last teleporter defined, even if you cannot pass the previous obstacles.
Huge difference.

jaakie
USER: JAAKIE

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice mod but i think it takes away some of the challenge in BT.

also the rush and excitement when getting far on a hard map will perish, since
you don't have to worry and can just set save checkpoints every few steps.

I also think that 'the more' easier it becomes to get good at somehting, the less interesting it is to get good at it.

I'm with those who say it shouldn't be on the BT1 server, keep that one as the real deal...

}ElitE{Scorp!o

UnstoppableUnstoppable
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree with that.

FireHawk
USER: FIREHAWK

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 00:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fun, exhiliration,excitement and intrest has faded from BT1 With the addition of the new mutator, You don't feel the competitiveness anymore because you can set a checkpoint every 10 seconds. The Checkpoints should be used for BT2 i think, it is a training server-Therefore the checkpoints can help people train on the maps without the teleporters.
Im am with the people who want to keep BT1 for the real bunnytracks, and not to just set checkpoints on every map.

[i4g]CouilleNoire
USER: COUILLENOIRE

i4Games Admini4Games Admin
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 01:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comment for a brand new player.

~)BD(~Lorgic
USER: LORGIC

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz yea.. where did this guy come from xD. But i'm partly agreeing with him aswell though.

But well.. it's still an choice wether to use or not to use checkpoints. Only problems with the checkpoints for me are:
- disfunction of noobfilters
Noobfilters are in my opinion obstacles at the start of a map to kill a lot of players, so that later on in the map you can make more 1 person based obstacles, to keep the map and avoid quees. In sum, disfunction of queu filters.
- The capping score. It is quite annoying to see people cap the map on a hard map when the score is tied, meaning that the map can't go in overtime.

Possible solvations:
- uncount the captures of checkpoint made scores, if possible, i don't know anything about modding.
- For new maps, something mappers can do.. Work with keys, in this way you can set your own boundaries to filter the qeues ... hmm how to spell that word correctly.
haven't got anymore.. but will add when i have given this more thought.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9