Forum Forum rules Search FAQ
Maps & Mapping
UT4 - BunnyTrack Development topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irridium77
USER: IRRIDIUM77

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 20:19    Post subject: UT4 - BunnyTrack Development topic

Very Happy Very Happy Wasssuuup!

BT is live on the Absolute (Canada) UT4 HUB right now.
(first weeks of online beta) (so far i have been pushing out a patched version every 2 days.)
There are not many maps yet. as the recooking process after an update is horrible.

Anyhow.
Getting to a more polished product and almost a mapping toolkit ready to be made public.

got discord? -> join us if you like Smile
https://discord.gg/x49Upvz

It would be an honor on my part to hop with you all once again

Im not expecting a big turnup from this forum post.. but hey.
I'll check back here now and then Smile

o/ irri

Last edited by irridium77 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 23:57; edited 1 time in total

lvkkie
USER: LVKKIE

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wb Irridium!
Great to see you're still working on BT for UT4 again, can't wait to check it out hehe. I'll make an announcement on the I4Games Steam Group that I made a few weeks ago Smile.

SAFeSTeR
USER: SAFECRACKER

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sir Irridium!

Good to hear that BT hasn't been forgotten about on UT4, is the speed mod back or is this now something totally independant of that?

I played a few games on UT4 recently, the first time in months, but will hope to check out your server soon Smile

irridium77

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Safey! Very Happy

Well no, speed did not make it.
Kinda started from scratch again.

So far its looking more like a framework toolkit for BT..
Pre-Made Triggers, movers, multimovers, rotating movers, Electricity zones, Key
& door system, particle fx, triggerable jumppads, trigggerlights, killzones, Projectilespawners, Flying orbs (like portal), lavazones, checkpoints, start and stop gates, an ingame leaderboard with fetches data from an SQLite database stored serverside.. Hopefully later some scripts wich parses these tables into a readable text that i can push to a centralised server to get GLOBAL records of all servers.. stuff like that. Very Happy

Some footage: (older stuff) (from january 2017)
https://youtu.be/MejCtVqEmy4
https://youtu.be/szsGyBy4RtU
https://youtu.be/BKagTMwKN3Y -> testmap using the BT assets (testmap online)

Recent vids: (new actors and alot behin the scenes bugfixing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQk8m85DDe0
https://youtu.be/MejCtVqEmy4 -> Testmap online

The server is Absolute (Canada)
(later it will be re-baptised as 'Absolute (Bunnytrack) & i will look into getting a Euro server.

Kind regards.
Irri

SAFeSTeR

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm impressed mate, looks like a lot of work has gone into it and it looks like you're dedicated.

I've not opened the editor for UT4, are you having to create custom actors specifically for BT and are you working on everything yourself or with others?

irridium77

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya the editor for UT4 is overwhelming. Slight tip of advice for anyone that wants to get into it.. Download the Unreal Tournament Editor.. NOT THE UNREAL ENGINE
got me confused mad as fk in the beginning..

Yes i basically created a whole bunch of actors that can be used to build BT maps. (all those things i mentioned in my previous post will come with the kit.)

It's just drag&drop, connect your trigger to the thing(s) u want triggerd via an eyedropper. Set the activation type of your trigger (touch, shoot) The timings , delays, wait at top times, encroachdamage or kill him entirely. change the meshes, sounds, materials {and swear a little cuz it can be limiting}.

There is still stuff im figuring out how to do.. like attaching a jumppad to a mover, sequences, have a button activate another button and pesky stuff like this.
but yeah basically it will be easy to make maps for BT once its public to mappers..

So far i have mostly been working on it on my own.. but lately my friend Scoob is teaming up with me. and thats a good thing. He did the scoreboard and SQLite logic and alot of stuff in the background really..

SAFeSTeR

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

irridium77 wrote:
There is still stuff im figuring out how to do..

So far i have mostly been working on it on my own.. but lately my friend Scoob is teaming up with me. and thats a good thing. He did the scoreboard and SQLite logic and alot of stuff in the background really..

You can do it mate, I'll be interested in any developments.

Pass on my regards to your friend Scoob, I don't know of him but I'll give props to anyone that makes this a success Smile

irridium77

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

done.

GJ on your time on BT-GBR btw Very Happy

SAFeSTeR

Godlike!Godlike!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

irridium77 wrote:
done.

GJ on your time on BT-GBR btw Very Happy

Haha, phuck off Wink

I've not played UT4 in a while, and not much BT on UT99 recently so I found it quite frustrating, I was basically learning the game again as well as BT. 10 seconds quicker and my time would have been leet Wink

Bloeb
USER: BLOEB

RampageRampage
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, lekker bezig irri.

Haven't checked UT4 yet, but this has definitely piqued my interest.

irridium77

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe,

It's been cool seeing some of your names pop-up on that scoreboard Very Happy
Good to see some ppl who actually know the ins and outs of rushing a map.
99'ers still have the power..

A well seasoned UT4 player struggles with easy maps ... Uses Single Tap dodge and complains that he cannot make the first dodge.
Torn with mapdifficultyas of right now.

Anyways, V3.0.3 has been pushed online. We tought we solved many bugs. Apptly we missed plenty and created plenty Rolling Eyes
If anyone is interested in picking up mapping for UED4.. I'm looking for a few mappers who would like to test use the general ease-of-use of the bunnytrack actors while building some BT maps. shoot me a PM or leave a note here

o/
irri

Xclusive.
USER: FANTASTICO

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you posting a year ago or so about pre-alpha UT4 and possibilities for a return of BunnyTrack. I was sceptic, but you've shown a lot of dedication for this project which convinced me to give it a shot.

Today I've installed UT4, I'm suprised it's available for free and that my craptop is able to run it. Without playing any game I directly went to your server (or HUB?) and played some BT.

I'm happily surpised with the quality so far, you really did an amazing job. I was able to cap the first map (GBR) in 10 minutes or so, and the gameplay experience feels quite similar to UT99 bunnytrack. Wall-dodge and wall-gliding are new but I think they will offer lots of possibilities to create intesting maps and obstacles. Obviously there's still a lot to do, but it's playable so far and I look forward to updates.

For anyone who still reads this topic and has doubts to try this, UT4 is still free and it's definitely worth to have a look at this project!

RoelerCoaster
USER: MMI

i4Games Trusteei4Games Trustee
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the chance to try it today, and managed to finish GBR in almost 17 minutes Razz (I blame the +200 ping j/k I'm just bad)

Its quite fun! I had to get used a bit to the controls/some of the mechanics, and I seems to instinctively try to apply UT99 tricks (dodging against a long wall instead of wall running), but it does not seem too had to learn the basics. It is nice to see a playable version of UT4 BT already!

Unfortunately I probably won't be playing it much as my pc can just barely run UT4 even on the lowest settings. BT-GBR is fortunately quite lightweight and playable, but I imaging maps will get larger and more detailed while development progresses.

irridium77

DominatingDominating
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi hi, Happy New Years to you all.
some of you might have noticed.. the project has grinded to a near halt..

I got into a bit of a shitpickle in 2017.. the downs of love.. the ups of bitcoin.. the addiction of sweet sensimillia.. you know me by now Wink

Besides that, the motivation isn't very big at the moment becasue Epic games have not released an update for the UT4 since the launch of Fortnite.
It's very demanding/derpressing in a way to invest many hours into a game that might be abandoned by it's devs. (we have NO news of Epic what so ever)

Not giving up.
I have partnered up with Chatouille and Scoob.
But things are moving at a much slower rate then before.
I also took down my server in a rage.. So currently there is nothing to see/play.

BT is something i'm still very very very nostalgic about. it has crushed me irl many times, but the memories remain positive.

i'll drop a note with future news hopefully very soon.
Best of wishes for this year. (also: strippers, weed & coke!)

kind regards, Yours truly.
irri

CULPRIT
USER: CULPRIT

PlayerPlayer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chin up mate, stick to 99, im sure we'd all prefer more of your bt maps. I for one will never install ut4. what say u guys?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2